Popular Posts

the next bill gates

Those of you that have not have the privilege to spend time with my baby, Kort, need to!!  And those of you who have, know how funny and entertaining he is.....he will never have a shortage of friends.  He is my baby by 2 minutes.  but he acts like the baby none the less.  I'm the baby, so I can say that : )  He is always up to something and honestly, he laughs at everything.....well almost everything.

Most of you that have children know that at 18 months of age, there is absolutely nothing you do without 2 feet at your own 2 feet.  Well in my case, it's four.  So when I'm at my computer, Karis and Kort usually park right underneath me.  At times, aggravating, but 99% of the time, endearing.  So today, I briefly get up to go get Kael his infamous "sweet tea."  And when I come back, this is what I found....





Lord help us all!!  

This is a different generation.  And as much as I'm trying to keep up, I know there is going to come a time when my kids surpass me.  Kael already knows how to completely operate and change the inputs of the TV to watch a DVD.  I think that took me 5 years to figure out, just in time for them to change it.  I do come from a household that most of my childhood, the light on the VCR blinked 12:00.  And he is quite good on his touch.  Not to mention the $124.00 worth of Apps he downloaded on my mom's iPad2.  Yet another example of the generation gap....my mom knew nothing about parental settings and password locks.  Of course that was after Canadian Biker was purchases.....which we are neither of....not bikers and not Canadian.  I won't even tell you the others he purchased.  

As funny as it is, it is tough watching children grow up in this day and age.  Finding balance between all these things as a parent is so important.  Out of all the toys Kael has, he wanted to make a fly paper airplanes with Daddy tonight.  Yes, I want my kids to be able to function and contribute to their generation, but I also want them to know the important things that other generations have given us.  Something to think about.....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment