Popular Posts

the difference between my girl and boy

My biggest fear in life is losing my parents.  I have looked death in the eyes and been through tough times, but nothing compares to the thought of losing my mom and dad.  They are my world.  They have been there for me during the best and worst times in my life.  And they love me unconditionally.  

The relationship I have with my mom is like no other.  She is my very best friend.  And I wanted to have a girl to share all that my mom was and still is to me.  And being Dad's little girl has been amazing too.  My dad is the one person in my life that can make everything better and always knows exactly what to say and do.  One of my favorite movie quotes is from Grease...
"The only guy a girl can really trust in her Daddy."  

So when I found out that I was having twins, after the initial shock, I instantly thought....I'm going to have 2 more boys.  And I was fine with that.  But I would be lying if I didn't say I really wanted a girl. So when I found out that it was a boy and a girl, I was over the moon.  This is the honest to God truth...every time I went for an ultrasound, I would say, "Are you SURE it's a girl."  I didn't believe until she came out that she was a she....Karis!

Nobody prepares you for the life of twins.  It is fun, exhausting, hilarious, draining and on and on....But boy/girl twins is so incredibly unique too.  It proves so many theories on gender differences.  In my case, Karis is ALL girl and Kort is all boy!!  Kael is my half and half!!!

Karis is 100% girlie girl.  She loves her dolls and her purses and her lip glosses and her shoes.....everything you think of when you think of a girl.  We call Kort "bruiser."  He is full speed ahead, loves to rough house and throws Karis's babies like their rag dolls.  They really are night and day.  But they are also best friends and partners in crime.  Today, I decided to let them try and eat at the "table" instead of their seats.  Check out this series of  pictures....

We're both so sweet seating in our seats. 
Kort needs some action.  Notice Karis doing exactly what she's suppose to.

Notice Karis has not moved.

Maybe this is why Kort weighs about 5 more pounds than Karis.  She still hasn't moved.

Karis didn't move the entire time.  Kort never sat down.

I'm just so incredibly lucky to have these 2 precious babies in my life.  They remind me every day of God's miracles.  Not because their mine, but they really are so amazing.  I love seeing life through their eyes.  I have often said you should live your life backwards.  Someday I'm going to write my book about it called "Reverse."  Look for it at Barnes and Noble stores someday.  Until then...I'll just keep blogging for the K kids.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment