Popular Posts

an angel received her wings

as a cancer survivor, i often am faced with survivors guilt.  Every night, i thank God for the miracle he gave me, my life.  i thank God every day for giving me more time with my loved ones and try to live each day as if it were my last....But I often feel guilty that I'm still here and others are not.  my humorous side tends to think that the good Lord knew heaven wasn't ready for me!!


am amazing family that went to bed with 3 kids, woke up with 2 today.  their daughter, abby, was diagnosed at 2 years old with neuroblastoma, and she received her angel wings at 7. she was so brave and fought for 5 years with everything she had.  I had the privilege of knowing her and her family.  Amazing, Christian people who looked to God for answers.  But how can taking a 7 year old child be what God would want?  i have thought about the question "why" more times than i would care to share and all i can say is "because."  His reasons are far greater than anything i can understand.  and there really are no answers.  being a mom now, i understand how my own mom and dad felt when i was diagnosed.  i am their child.  i was 26, but still their baby.  my uncle put it best....he said that if and when he got to heaven, the first thing he was going to tell God was that your children should never go before you. i cannot wait to hear the answer.  

anyone that has seem someone battle this dreadful disease knows that it is life changing.  for abby today.....she is at peace.  No more tubes, no more vomiting and diarrhea, no more treatments......  She is resting peacefully.....thankfully.  


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment